Vimcal: Superhuman for Calendar
⚖️ Our Verdict
Using Vimcal makes everything manageable. This application is best used by everyone as it suits you with the necessary features to go on with your schedule easily. Many of the features of Vimcal makes it better than most of the calendar applications out there. The keyboard commands of Vimcal for example, make it more efficient to use.
Scheduling something is as easy as typing your plan in a simple sentence — literally. The command center also houses all the features and commands that you can use, like the dark mode that most people appreciate. Also, the time travel feature makes scheduling inclusive for everyone because it allows you to view other timezones and compare them with your own.
The only downside of this application is that it is $15 a month and there are no free plans. Despite that, the features and functionality of this application are worth every penny! Overall, this application is easy and fast to use, loaded with amazing features, and an essential calendar for your everyday needs.
👍 Availability feature
👍 Appropriate for different timezones
👍 Fast application
👍 Easy to use
👍 Keyboard shortcuts
👍 Command center
👎 Paid application
👎 14-day free trial only
👎 Needs more integrations
🌟 About Vimcal
Vimcal is considered the world’s fastest calendar as it is designed perfectly for the modern day. It comes with all of the features of existing calendars today, but can be used easier and more efficiently. The features of Vimcal are suited for people who work remotely. With that, everyone says that Vimcal is the Superhuman of calendars — everything is fast and easy.
Vimcal was created because the existing tools today were not enough. For 21 months, different users were onboarded to learn the pains of scheduling. Now, Vimcal solves all issues and is continuing to do so.
Most of the comments about Vimcal were positive, even from successful people. What are you waiting for? Use Vimcal now and enjoy the wonderful benefits of having the fastest calendar ever!
🎁 What’s In It For You?
Multiple features of Vimcal surpass any calendar today. One is that it allows you to share your availability easier. Vimcal allows you to schedule and pick what time and date your availability is, then it can be sent to other people instantly.
Another useful modern-day feature of Vimcal is the coordinated time zones. This application allows you to pull up the time zone for any city and coordinate it with your own. That way, no confusion will ever happen, and no double booking will ever be made again!
As we live in a modern world, time is essential. Vimcal lets you utilize keyboard shortcuts and hotkeys. That way, you can get in and out of your calendar quickly and go on with your day. Also, Vimcal lets you schedule meetings just by typing in your plans in plain English.
The best part about Vimcal is that it also makes it easier to use different applications. The Vimcal calendar is actually a launchpad to all of your meetings — instantly launch into calls with a single click from Vimcal.
🖥️ How Does It Work?
- Hover over the meetings to see the details. No need to click it.
2. Use Cmd+K to open the command center. This allows you to search for the features easily.
3. Click ‘F’ to show all the hotkeys in Vimcal.
4. Slots allow you to send your availability. Click the letter ‘A’, then drag the available slots on your calendar.
5. Copy the slots then you can paste them into your email.
6. Clicking on the link leads you to the booking link. From there you can pick a schedule that you like.
7. Click on the time zone to select what to coordinate.
8. Schedule something just by typing words. Vimcal automatically detects it.
💲 Pricing Plans & Support
The pricing plan of Vimcal is plain and simple. You can get this powerful application and all of its features for only $15 per month! Vimcal also offers a free trial of 14 days. Now you can have an executive assistant in the form of a powerful calendar application!
📍 The Competition
👍 Compatible with Google suite
👍 Easy to use
👍 Import data from email
👍 Different views
👍 Free application
👍 Can be used in different devices
👎 Poor customer support
👎 Limited customization features
👎 Basic features
I’ve been using (and paying for) Vimcal for ~6 months. I’m a big fan.
– Ryan Hoover, Founder of Product Hunt & Weekend Fund
Life is short, use Vimcal. Been using Vimcal for well over a year now — every day — it quickly and seamlessly became part of my default workflow. I’ve never stuck this long with the same productivity tool before; it’s just really impressive software that you can’t live without.
– Adora Cheung, Partner @ Y Combinator
I’ve been using Vimcal for a couple of months and it is such a joy!
1. First and foremost: Shortcuts!! (It is “Superhuman for Calendar” for real)
2. Sending availability slots — it is smooth and easy for both sides (especially when in different time zones)
3. Coloring your calendar — sounds like a silly feature, but I have never had a better overview of my week if it is “Internal no need to prep,” “Internal prep,” “External talks/panels,” etc!
4. Templates — type less, better meeting structures & info, and more personalized.
You have to like shortcuts and shaving off minutes, but if you do, then you will love it.
– Hampus Jakobsson