Social Media Strategy Introduction
Now that we are all familiar with the different social media channels and how you can use them for marketing, let’s move onto social media strategy. This next series of articles is a continuation of the past ones. This time, we will put our focus on social media strategy.
There are various approaches of making content for soc med. Additionally, there are also multiple ways to engage with a thriving community. We will look at why socmed is one of the most vital devices in marketing. And how it managed to be everywhere all over the world.
A lot of things will be discussed in the next series of articles, including guidelines in dealing with difficult customers. We’ll also talk about mapping a social media plan.
Social Media Strategy
You can use every space of social media to create shareable content. A lot of people do it. The tricky part is how to use these and turn them into something profitable. Here’s a secret: you need strategies. Use these fields strategically to get a great profit.
With the ever-evolving world, different channels will come and go; some will change significantly. However, a strong foundation of a prosperous social media strategy won’t.
By thinking strategically and having planning wisely, you can get the most of what social media has to offer. Most businesses and large brands use social media channels for communication and marketing. They also use it to work out organization, commerce and communication challenges.
Nowadays, a lot more consumers are using social media not just to connect with people, but to support businesses as well. Social media usage dominates most people’s time. This is why brands and businesses need to integrate socmed into their commerce strategies.
Key Terms & Concepts
Here are some of the most frequently utilized terms when it comes to social media strategy. You will see and read about these terms often as we go through the next discussions. Keep notes, and be mindful of what they mean.
- Social Media Dashboard — this is a platform or a dashboard that allows brand managers to centralise their work on all social media properties.
- Social network — this one we have discussed before, it’s a type of website configuration where particular members become part of an extensive virtual society.
- Community Guidelines- these refers to the rules and principles set by social media platforms. Community members must adhere to these guidelines when they are communicating in the said brand platform.
- URL shortener — this refers to a net engine that creates a briefer version of a full URL.
- Lead — most marketers and advertisers use this term to refer to a person who has shown interest. It could be an interest in their brand, the merchandise or assistance that they are offering, or more. Marketers and advertisers pursue these leads because they are most likely to switch into purchasers.
- KPI or key performance indicators — this is a metric that businesses use to show whether they are achieving an objective or not.
- Search Engine Optimization — by now, you are fully aware of what this term means. SEO is the process of improving a website, or a webpage’s rankings in search engines. We have an in-depth chapter about this. Read more here.
Social Media Strategies to Solve Business Challenges
As we have previously mentioned, you can use socmed to solve various business challenges. Strategically, you can use it in commerce and communication. Here are some of the ways you can use it strategically:
- Managing a community
- Managing and maintaining a brand’s reputation
- Outreach to customers and leads
- Communicating with an audience
- Offering customer support and service
- Generating leads and sales
- Optimizing for search engines
- Gaining better insights to demographics
Let’s talk about it in detail below
Managing a Community
As you know, social media platforms are basically giant communities. Oftentimes, these are virtual representations of real-world communities.
You can use soc med to construct and cultivate a community.. Participate, lead and guide conversations with your demographic. Gather brand ambassadors, present valuable content for your audience.
Manage and Maintain Reputation
Your brand’s reputation is vital to your success. Managing and keeping your reputation online is also important. Through social media, you can easily respond to customers needs,and find ways to further your agenda. Get your story out there. Monitor what your customers have to say and identify any issues proactively.
Outreach to Customers and Leads
Through a sound social media strategy, you can offer an effective two-way communication to your audience. You can send real-time broadcasts. Actively reach out to consumers and leads. These platforms are highly effective as a public communications tool.
Offering Customer Support
Because social media is highly accessible, most consumers find it their go-to when it comes to reaching out for support. Your social media strategy should include customer support or service. Acknowledge and answer consumer inquiries in the social world. Oftentimes, customers prefer brands who respond and offer solutions right away.
Generating Leads and Sales
By creating a richer online experience for your customers, your brand can grow faster and better. If you own a web page, include URLs to your soc med channels. Present your customers with a way to sign up through social media. With this, you’ll be able to get thousands of leads that will be convenient for your social media strategy.
Optimizing for Search Engines
Another great use of social media is to use it for your website’s SEO. Add links to our web pages, and have those webpages link back to your socials. All it takes is effort in planning and keyword analysis to use your social assets productively.
Researching and Insights
With all of the data spread throughout social media channels, it would be impossible not to find anything useful for your brand. Use it as a research asset.
Social media can be a useful guide when you’re planning a campaign. It’s a rich source of data. You can see what your demographic likes, what their preferences are, and so on.
Gather these data and understand them. This is one of the major keys to creating social media strategies.
© Image credits to Thuan Vo